Your Body KNOWS How To Be Healthy! (It Just Needs YOUR Help.)
It would appear that many people in our modern settings are stressed, run-down, and developing chronic health conditions; often happening at earlier ages than just a few generations ago. There are digestive problems, auto-immune conditions, cancers, heart disease, arthritic conditions, among many others. Why are these happening at higher rates and among younger people? Health problems are things that are often not publicly discussed with others; sometimes not even within families. Yet if you take the time to view how many hospitals, medical facilities, and the like are around; we are spending so much time, energy, and money on healthcare. The issue I am trying to bring up here is WHY these conditions are so prevalent when people WANT to be healthy and happy.
Part of this depends on your belief structures. Some believe in Evolution. Some believe in Creationism. Others, a combination of the two. Whatsoever the beliefs; humans have been around a very long time surviving AND THRIVING! We have proven our ability to adapt and live in multitudes of environments, conditions, eat different things, etc. We did most of this before the modern age of technology with our computers, phones, and complex data systems. However, we also came from the World of nature and wild animals. Sometimes it feels like we have forgotten where we came from. So what are the answers? Why are so many of us being dragged into chronic illness and disease if the body knows how to be healthy?
Of course you know I’m going to say that much of it comes to the lifestyles we are choosing to live. The foods we eat, the jobs we work, stress, new technologies, etc. When it comes down to it, we are living MUCH DIFFERENTLY than we were even 100 years ago. Before that, 300 years ago. Before that, thousands of years of human evolution. What I am saying is that our bodies, minds, and spirits are not PRIMED for our new lifestyles. That does not mean we cannot or will not adapt. It just means that we are not used to it. Of course computers, cell phones, and modern media like television are exciting. Does that mean we can handle it? Ok, so enough jabbering; what do we do?
One of the best and easiest ways to help you and your body REMEMBER how to be healthy is to learn and emulate lifestyles from the past. I am not saying to give up your electronics and go live in the woods. I am saying to try to treat your body in ways that it would be used to.
- Eat natural, whole foods. Specifically following regional and ancestral patterns. Try to eat locally and appropriately for your genetics.
- Get Exercise. Walking is #1. Humans are used to walking A LOT. It is essential. After that is some forms of strength training and cardiovascular exercise.
- Handle your Stress. Humans are good at dealing with certain types of stressors, but we have added in new ones like chemical additives in foods, electromagnetic stress, pollution, and unhealthy living situations. Find ways to mitigate stress. Neutralize relationship problems, try to be a loving person, listen to music, journal etc. This is different for each individual.
- Spend time in nature doing “old-school” activities. This could be hiking, gardening, foraging, hunting, fishing, camping, etc. In some of our modern cities with so many cars; the influence of nature is often greatly diminished.
- Attitude. How we think is of high importance. Understanding that modern lifestyles are a very new thing and to have caution with that goes a long way. We are marketed and advertised to constantly through radio, television, and other medias about what to eat, how to dress, what activities to participate in, and how to think. If we can understand these are not coming from nature; but from people trying to sell things we can disengage.
This list could go on. The main ideas are to remember that your body has a long history of successful living behind it. It knows how to digest food. It knows how to repair itself and eliminate disease. It knows how to be healthy and strong. However, even the body is tricked by some of these new age things. WE are the connection that has to be in control! We are the people responsible for CHOOSING the things that are time-proven in helping and not making us sick. It is often complicated with all this new-age advice from internet articles, magazines, gossip, etc. How do we know who is right and what programs to follow? Using history and nature as your first line of defense is a good strategy. Other than that, give yourself time to heal. People don’t get sick overnight. Most of these chronic conditions may take years to develop. Of course we want a quick fix. Who likes feeling lousy? The best ways to get longstanding positive results are to adhere to basic healthy lifestyle principles. So have faith in the body. Have faith in yourself. Things DO get much easier when you follow natures plan. We don’t have to fight so hard just to feel somewhat OK. Give yourself at minimum 30 days on a new program before claiming it doesn’t work!